Thank your New Mexico State Representative for being a climate champion in this year’s legislative session!
New Mexico just took very important steps to confront the climate crisis, jumpstart the transition to clean energy, and secure critical investments that will improve the lives of everyone in our state. We saw significant new investments in affordable housing and in the state agencies that enforce environmental protections and develop new policies. These accomplishments are exciting, but there is still so much more to be done. That’s where you come in!
Thank your New Mexico State Representative leading the charge in the fight for our future. We also want to use to this opportunity to encourage them to go further, faster, and bolder on our top climate and community priorities, such as:
- Adopting advanced clean car and truck rules this year;
- Updating the state building code to support energy efficiency;
- Adopting energy efficiency standards for appliances in homes and apartments;
- Advancing safe, good-paying clean energy jobs that ensure a equitable and sustainable economy for all New Mexicans;
- Ensuring Economic Development funds support a community driven, clean, and just economic transition, and not dirty hydrogen projects;
- Securing tax credits and incentives to help New Mexicans buy electric vehicles;
- add clean energy appliances and heat pumps to their homes and apartments;
- install solar energy systems that will lower energy bills.
Tell your New Mexico State Representative that you appreciate their good work on climate this year!